Maternity & Fertility Reflexology
Maternity reflexology is specifically tailored to treat all aspects of pre conception, antenatal and postnatal care.
If you are trying to conceive, Reflexology can help support you and your partner both physically and emotionally. As this therapy is very effective in calming the nervous system, this helps to reduce stress and worry and increases well-being , helping you to cope better with the emotional journey along the way. Reflexology also aims to balance hormone levels enhancing the body’s own natural healing abilities, and enabling all body systems to function efficiently.
From the early stages of morning sickness to delivery, pregnancy can be physically and emotionally demanding. Maternity Reflexology can help and has proven to be particularly useful with providing relief of the following complaints during pregnancy
• Helping to re-balance and harmonise hormonal changes
• Nausea and headaches
• Pain & discomfort
• Backache/sciatica/pelvic pain
• Stress & anxiety, helping you relax and take time out for yourself
• Lack of sleep, fatigue and exhaustion
• Swollen / puffy ankles and legs
• Inducing labour naturally
For three months after the birth (the fourth trimester) your body is recovering from the effects of pregnancy.
In addition to the known benefits of reflexology, postnatal treatments can :
• Balance, harmonise and restore at this demanding time, helping the body adjust to different hormonal requirements and supporting emotional needs
• Relaxes body and mind
• Reduces anxiety and helps establish a calm inner centre
• Reduces tension, aches and stiffness
• Increases vitality and aids rest
• Improves circulation and lymphatic drainage
• Encourages wound healing